Today’s American churches desperately need programs and activities to educate, consolidate and unify Christian men. Many men admit that they lack understanding of God’s Word, especially as it applies to specific aspects of daily living. Since men are to help stabilize the church, developing a solid men’s ministry is a major benefit to the Body of Christ.
Certain men live primarily for their job/income, and are caught in the world’s treadmill, endeavoring to support their families, habits and hobbies, and to purchase houses, cars and other material items. Even so, many get bored and become dissatisfied with work, recreation, and even with church involvement. Others live in quiet frustration and unhappiness, isolated from meaningful, personal relationships with other Christian men. When that happens, men become vulnerable to the three areas of sin–lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and pride of life (1 John 2:16).
For many reasons, it’s important that churches establish a solid men’s ministry. Christian men should be taught to:
- Love, worship and glorify God
- Love & lead their families according to the Bible
- Enjoy fellowship with Christian brothers
- Become accountable and vulnerable
- Instruct their children on the ways of God
- Get involved and committed in their church
- Utilize their God-given gifts
- Establish and maintain good work ethics
Please check back later for more updates.